Sunday, October 31, 2010

Two Weeks Out

Well my tri season is beginning to come to an end. We are two weeks out from the B2B and I have to say - I am ready for it to be over. I really peaked my training for the Wrightsville Beach race and have just been hanging on since then.

That being said, I have had some really good training over the last month. My highlights have been practice with Tom and biking with my buddy Dave. Tom's practice are the highlight of my running week right now. We have been working on my speed as of late and it really seams to be helping. Biking with Dave has made me get out there and put in the mileage.

I think the combination of these will really help my B2B race. I have a time goal in mind but have made peace with myself if it is not to be. My first and main goal is to have fun and do my best. One minute here or there will not define me as an athlete, but suffering through a race with no hope of being happy as I cross the finish line is not my style. Yes, I will do math all during the bike and all during the run - trying to figure out where I stand, but if the times all go to hell - I will hold up my head, smile for the crowd, and do my best to finish with style.

No comments:

Post a Comment