Monday, May 17, 2010

New Tri Shorts

I got a 20% off coupon for my local Omega Sports and put it to good use. I got new shoes Asics 2150's and a new pair of tri shorts - Sugoi Piston Tri Pkt shorts.

I have only owned one pair of tri shorts for the past two seasons. They were a pair of Performance tri shorts that I got on line for about 20 bucks. They have served me well but I finally broke down and got a new pair. I had done my research and listened to several triathletes and went looking for a pair of Sugoi's. Omega had several different styles but I ended up with the Piston Tri Pkt Short (at least that is what the tag says).

I took them out for an easy AC pace run on Friday and I have to say I loved them. They fit different than my other pair in that the legs are nice and tight but I still need to pull the draw string tight to get a good waist fit (made it alot easier to put on). The run went great and the shorts were awesome. The legs did not ride up at all and the waist band did not move during an 80 min run. My old shorts tended to rub me in manly places on long runs but I had no discomfort at all. The chamois pad totally disappeared when I put the shorts on - nice not to feel like I have on a diaper. The shorts have two pockets on the back - I did not use them on the run but they appear large enough to hold gel packs securely during a race.

They have been washed and are now packed for tomorrows bike workout. If the bike goes as well as the run did - I have a new favorite pair of tri shorts. I will let you know how the bike workout goes. I am planning on wearing them for my race this weekend (Brunswick Forrest Duathlon).

Note: I paid for these shorts - they were not provided so I could write a review.

No comments:

Post a Comment